1998 Dodge Diesel Upgrade Project - Giving Back - Web Exclusive
Surprising a Marine With A Heck of a Diesel Upgrade Project
By ATS Diesel, Photography by ATS Diesel
About the Project:
Chuck, who manages Truck Transmission and Turbo in Wheat Ridge Colorado, was discussing his friend John's stepson (Sergeant Brian Douglass) while in the gym earlier this year. Brian has been overseas in combat zones nonstop for years working as a dog handler. A Colorado native, born and raised in the Denver area, Brian reported to boot camp just days after graduating from Ralston Valley High School in 2003. Trained as a dog handler, Brian's first deployment was in 2005 in Iraq, and he was currently serving his second deployment in Afghanistan.
John mentioned to Chuck that he would like to do something to thank his Marine stepson for his service by upgrading his 1998 24V Dodge Truck. Chuck decided to create an 'Overhaulin' type of project using donations by local Colorado business to fund a surprise project build on Brian's truck that would be waiting for him upon his return to the US. Brian's stepfather tricked him into thinking that his truck was being taken to the shop for routine repairs.
Chuck contacted the below-listed companies and began collection parts and donations to make the build happen. As the money and parts came together, Chuck's team at Truck Transmission and Turbo upgraded the Dodge and prepared it for the surprise.
Once the upgrades were done and Brian arrived home from duty he was brought to Truck Transmission and Turbo to discuss what was being "repaired" on the truck and what other maintenance items were needed. As Brian was brought outside to the truck a crowd of supporters was waiting to surprise him and the finished truck was revealed. Brian was sent home to enjoy his new ride for a short time before his next tour of duty overseas.
1. Brian's truck shows up to Truck Transmission & Turbo with a stock engine compartment.
2. Brian's Dodge 2500 truck sits outside of Truck Transmission & Turbo as the crew prepare
3. Parts arrive from ATS Diesel for Truck Transmission & Turbo crew to install.
4. Jeremy at Truck Transmission & Turbo unbolts and removes the factory turbo system on th
6. Chuck opens the new Pro Comp Xtreme Rims and readies them to have tires mounted at Disc
8. Jeremy replaces the factory intake manifold with the ArcFlow Intake and bolts into-plac
9. Shane removes the valve cover so that it can be ceramic coated and then hand painted by
By ATS Diesel
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!