Editor’s Note: Submit your dirt to email@example.com
Photography courtesy of Jason Zindroski of Mad Media.
Adam Householder Shocks the Competition Taking the Win at the BITD Silver State 300
The bookies in Vegas weren’t busy taking bets on Householder Motorsports to take the win at the Silver State 300, but we can assure you the team’s name will now be in the mix. Adam Householder had never taken home a win in the Trick Truck Class (equivalent to SCORE’s Trophy Truck) and qualified 28th coming to the start line. This win was overdue for the team, and Adam credited his father, Terry, and the entire team for preparing the Dethrone Royalty Chevrolet truck so well. Mother Nature also played a part in the win, with high winds keeping dust issues to a minimum throughout the entire race. This win was also huge for Blitzkrieg Motorsports, which designed and built this truck. For more information about the race, visit www.BITD.com.
Polaris Ranger RZRs Take First and Second at Silver State 300
The Ranger RZR continues to dominate the desert racing UTV classes, race after race. At the recent Best in the Desert’s Bilek Racing Silver State 300, Jagged X Racing debuted their new Ranger RZR XP 900 and took second in the Pro UTV class. The car was completed just hours before the race, which left no time for testing or tuning. They had a hard fought battle with Matt Parks and his Holz Racing Ranger RZR 4 who finished just ahead of them for the win. For more information, visit www.polarisindustries.com.
Yamaha OHV Access Contributes More Than $136,000
For the first quarter of 2011, the Yamaha OHV Access Initiative has pledged more than $136,000 in GRANTs (Guaranteeing Responsible Access to our Nations Trails). The GRANT funds are awarded to nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations around the country implementing projects to promote safe, responsible OHV riding and open, sustainable riding areas. Unfortunately, although a remarkable number of well-qualified applications were submitted, the review committee could only award 10 projects for this funding period. Those organizations consist of:
For more information about this program, visit www.yamaha-motor.com/ohvaccess.
- Aitkin County Land Department, Mo. – Northwoods Regional ATV Trail System
- Central Arizona Trails, Inc. – Wildcat OHV Staging and Trail System<
- Central Oregon OHV Operations – Cline Buttes Recreation Area and Three Trails OHV Area
- Community Forest Trust, Ariz. – Prescott National Forest OHV Ambassadors Program
- Nebraska OHV Association – Headworks OHV Park
- Off-Road Business Association – California Desert District Permitting Management
- Oswego County ATV Club, N.Y. – 2011 Club Trail Development Projects
- Public Park Authority: Cities of Lincoln and Talladega, Ala. – Coosa River Storage Annex OHV Development
- Responsible Recreation Foundation, Colo. – 2011 Stay The Trail Programming
- Washington County Board of Supervisors, Mich. – Warfield Point Park OHV Trail Maintenance
Ultra4 Vehicles Dominate at Silver State 300
From grocery-getting Expeditions to monstrous tube buggies, it was hard to miss the unlimited four-wheel-drive class known as Ultra4 at the Best in the Desert Silver State 300. The Ultra4 class, identifiable by its 4400 numbers, proved once again that they can hold their own in the desert: They were both the largest class at the start line and the largest class to cross the finish line. The drivers had weather on their side as cool temperatures kept overheating issues at bay and windy conditions made passing easier on a course that is already known to be a smooth, fast course well suited for many of the Ultra4 cars.